Fluence is looking for a Software Engineer to join the backend team which is working on the end-to-end encrypted decentralized database.
We are a distributed team building product on the edge of current research, so looking for engineers who can not only write production-level code, but also read papers, define requirements and boundaries, invent something new and publish new papers. We have a bunch of challenging and not entirely solved problems like:
Skills which are nice to have:
- Decentralized nodes discovery
- Private blockchain technology
- Encrypted databases in a hostile environment
- Data replication and consensus protocols
- Nodes incentivization and service level agreements enforcement
Papers we find relevant:
- We are using Scala, so it would be great if you have an experience in that. Interest in functional programming languages is appreciated.
- Experience with large scale databases / distributed systems design like Cassandra, Kafka, Spark or Druid.
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures – it actually will be used!
- Interest in decentralized applications and blockchain technology.
- An ability to work in a decentralized team, take responsibilities and be a self-starter.